Effective Date: 7/31/2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(1) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
In summary, we collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us when you:
- register yourself on the Site;
- purchase a product on the Site;
- use the Site; and
- communicate with us through the Site, for example for customer assistance, or otherwise.
In greater detail, we collect information when you:
(a) REGISTER AN ACCOUNT. The Site gives you the option of creating a user account (an “Account”). If you decide to create an Account, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your first and last name, email address and Account password. You are not required to register to use the Site, but if you do not register, not all of the Site’s functionality may be available to you.
(b) PURCHASE A PRODUCT. When you purchase a product using the Site, you are given the option of logging into an Account or, if you do not already have an Account, creating a new Account. In either case, when you purchase a product, you will need to provide us with Personal Information, such as your first and last name, email address, shipping address, and billing address.
(c) MAKE A PAYMENT. When you make a payment through the Site, you will need to provide Personal Information to our third-party payment processors. Such Personal Information may include your credit card number, expiry date and security code. This information is not collected by Sobel but is provided directly by you to our third-party payment processors (identified at the time this information is collected) and its collection, use and disclosure is governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of our third-party payment processors.
(d) COMMUNICATE WITH US. We may also collect Personal Information from you when you communicate with us. We will keep a record of that correspondence in order to respond to your enquiries and to process your requests.
(2) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
The Site collects and stores technical information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and to administer the Site.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Site, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical settings information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information and technical information to fulfill product orders, facilitate and improve our services, and communicate with you as follows:
(1) INTERNAL AND SERVICE-RELATED USAGE. We use and retain information, including Personal Information, to create and secure your Account, identify you as a user in our system, process your purchases and to administer, improve, maintain and facilitate the Site and our services.
(2) COMMUNICATIONS. We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account, respond to your enquiries, to process your purchases, and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service and system maintenance.
(3) MARKETING. Sobel will not engage in marketing to you using your Personal Information, except to offer additional products that may be of interest to you in the context of a particular transaction in which you have indicated an interest. For example, if you choose a Four Seasons mattress, we may offer you a Four Seasons pillow.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- with your permission for the purpose(s) noted at the time such permission is sought;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- to implement, protect and defend our rights and property.
- registering your Account;
- fulfilling orders;
- delivering orders;
- communicating with you about your order;
- payment processing;
- verifying your identity and preventing fraud; and
- detecting, preventing and remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We may also authorize third party service providers to use anonymized technical information as necessary in order to provide the following services to us:
- conducting research and analysis;
- conducting marketing analytics, measurement, and reports including through Adobe and Google analytics measuring and improving the performance of the Site; and
- developing and improving the products we sell.
Currently, our service providers are Shopify Inc. and its affiliates and Google and Adobe.
de-identified data. We may de-identify your Personal Information and provide de-identified data and other data from the Site to our product suppliers for their purposes.
AS REQUIRED BY LAW AND SIMILAR DISCLOSURES.
We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your, our or others’ rights, property or safety, or to investigate fraud.
PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, your Personal Information will be stored in the United States of America and Canada.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, processed and/or stored in a foreign jurisdiction outside of the jurisdiction in which it was originally collected with laws that differ from those of the country in which you are located. As a result, your personal information may be accessible without notice to you by law enforcement and other authorities of those jurisdictions.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Thereafter, we will retain and use your information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have any questions about the accuracy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you, you can have access to that Personal Information in order to verify and update it, unless we are permitted or required under applicable laws to refuse your access to such Personal Information. You may contact us at the contact information below to request access to Personal Information that we have about you. We will respond to requests within 30 days.
If you have any concerns, complaints, or if you would like further information regarding our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at email@example.com.